Ladder Now continually innovates and integrates new technology to advance the data we provide our customers. We are always asking ourselves, “how can we do it more effectively” and “how can we improve the user experience?” Therefore, we are searching for a Software Engineer that is curious and solves the right problems. The Software Developer will both maintain and evolve current applications while also potentially creating new programs to support our business growth.
The ideal candidate has proven experience with the entire software development lifecycle, writing code, testing it, and performing upgrades and maintenance as well as partnering with product owners, business analysts, business leaders, and other developers on the team.
This role is based in in Atlanta, Georgia.
Whom You Are:
- Creative Coder – you use your creativity and ingenuity to design beautiful, working code
- Data Devotee – you make decisions based on data rather than your own preferences because you know deep down it helps you prioritize
- Customer Campaigner – you build and evolve applications that are meaningful, useful, and elegant to the end user, our customers
- Ideal Team Player – you are humble, smart, and hungry and you know how to put the needs of the product over your own ego
- Continuous Learner – you take pride in your work; therefore, you constantly challenge yourself to learn new languages, algos, data structures, etc.
- Tech Titan – you geek out on new technology, trends, and tools and leverage them appropriately
Whom You are Not:
- Check-the-Boxer – one that codes, deploys, and moves on without really learning the problem
- Bottlenecker – one with a core belief that his/her way is the only way and points fingers at everyone else when the same bug crops up every time
- Homework Skipper – one that refuses to properly document their code
- The Hare – one that runs into an error, conducts a quick Google search, and applies the first solution they find rather than analyzing the code in front of them
- The Hacker – one that loves to stay up all night developing some cool thing…that has nothing to do with the problem they are supposed to be solving or is even on the technology roadmap for the next 2 years
- The Hermit – one that will only work in isolation rather than in a team environment
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Design and implement new product features and suites that meet customer needs
- Develop clean and efficient code based on specifications or parameters
- Design, test, develop, maintain, and evolve business applications / product
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software applications
- Prepare timely and accurate status reports; present at standups, project reviews, etc.
- Draft technical documentation for reference and reporting for future maintenance and upgrades
- Partner with business analysts, IT, product owners, business leaders, and members of the Technology team to gather end user requirements and feedback
- Recommend and execute approved improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to code in Java and Spring Boot building RESTful APIs
- Skilled in modern web frameworks such as Angular or React
- Skilled in using Git, Ionic, and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Linux system administration basics
- Skilled in relational databases
- Ability to think critically and solve the right problems
- Ability to juggle multiple new concepts
- Ability to learn new languages, tools, and technologies quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field required
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in all aspects of the software development process in a data- and test-driven environment
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience working with and designing RESTful backend APIs
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience with relational databases
- Minimum of 3 (three) years of experience with AWS, particularly S3, SQS, and SES
- Professional office environment
- Mostly sedentary role
- Must be able to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Must be able to routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
Position Type and Hours:
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 – 5:00 p.m. plus occasional weekends and evenings as needed
- 5% of travel time expected for this position
- Travel to Louisville office and conferences
Benefits and Perks:
Ladder Now offers a great benefit package, which includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company match, paid time off (PTO), short and long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, life insurance, and more!
Ladder Now is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Ladder Now does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.