In partnership with CEO, the Director of Information Technology, and the leaders of the Software Development team, the Chief Data Scientist will design, formalize, and implement a data science practice using both existing and new data assets and applying advanced data science concepts to deliver data-driven offerings.
The ideal candidate has experience in a variety of methodologies ranging from statistical analysis to machine learning.
This role is based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Whom You Are:
- Algo Authority – you have a toolbox of algorithms to make statistically-informed predictions and recommendations, and you are not afraid to use them
- Hacker’s Spirit – you can analyze code on the front end and the back end, you can do structured and unstructured, and you can make your own tools when you can’t find a solution you need
- Master Storyteller – you can contextualize and translate a problem and its solutions to non-technical people at all levels of the organization in a variety of ways (e.g. written, verbal, and visual)
- Curious Cat – you love working on new challenges and are comfortable questioning your own assumptions
- Creative Problem-Solver – you figure out how to get the data you need
- Gritty – you know you’ll face dead ends, roadblocks, and obstacles, but you have let go of perfectionism and have found quick and dirty ways to resolve problems and test solutions
- Fashion-Forward – you stay ahead of the tech curve in research and know which technology to apply when
- Mathematician – (this probably goes without saying, but) you excel at mathematics, statistics, and complex modeling
- Data Architect – you understand what’s happening with data from inception to model to business decision
Whom You are Not:
- Data Dabbler – one that has just started out with data analytics, data modeling, and machine learning
- Thin-Skinned – one that easily dissuaded when told ‘no’
- Non-Coder – one that has not learned how to write or break code
- Order Taker – one that only does exactly what is asked
- Unimodal Communicator – one that can only communicate in one way with one type of person
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Combine in-depth knowledge of modern data driven methods with domain understanding to support the creation and evolution of products and services
- Define vision and roadmap for data science for next three years
- Query and extract data from business systems
- Design research methods and experimental design
- Solve real-world business challenges by application of machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), statistics, and reliability techniques
- Guide data collection efforts for data quality standards and recommend new data streams to be captured
- Develop prototypes and analytical models
- Visualize and communicate data insights to cross-functional business leaders
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skilled in leading organization-wide analytics
- Skilled in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and risk analysis
- Skilled in both basic and advanced statistical methods
- Skilled in regression analysis, tests of significance, and other forms of predictive modeling
- Knowledge of database and data warehousing theory
- Ability to be a self-starter and a quick learner
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Postgraduate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in data science roles
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with predictive and descriptive analytics using applications such as SAS, Python, Matlab, Revolution R, or similar high-level statistical applications
- Experience in computer, robotic, and drone vision
- Experience with the application of data science and machine learning algorithms including structured, unstructured, or relational and data mining and machine learning techniques
- Experience using database architectures such as SQL, NoSQL, or similar
- Professional office environment
- Mostly sedentary role
- Must be able to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Must be able to routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
Position Type and Hours:
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- 5% of travel time expected for position
- Travel to Atlanta office, site visits, and conferences
Benefits and Perks:
Ladder Now offers a great benefit package, which includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company match, paid time off (PTO), short and long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, life insurance, and more!
Ladder Now is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Ladder Now does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Ladder Now is a customer experience-technology company leveraging a network of professional experts to provide data-driven inspections.
We deliver ground truth to property & casualty, real estate, and finance customers that enable them to solve their business problems in a matter of hours…minutes…seconds.
Ladder Now is well-positioned to disrupt the inspection world through a combination of our hard-working 3rd party contractors, talented employees, vast network, and cutting-edge technology. For us, it is all about solving business problems for our customers. Our proven methods, commitment to excellence, and diverse team of professionals are what set Ladder Now apart. Come join our team and help change the world!